Cherry Coconut Baked Ham
with Creamy Cherry Topping
- 5 to 7 pound smoked ham
- Flaked coconut
Creamy Cherry Topping
- 1/2 cup liquid brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped cherries
- Ham: Place ham flat side up on rack in a roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer
so the bulb is centered in thick part. Do not add water. Do not cover.
- Roast in a slow 325 degrees F oven. (For fully cooked half ham, 18 to 24
minutes per pound.) Brush ham with Creamy Cherry Topping for last 20 minutes
of baking time.
- Upon removing from oven, sprinkle flaked coconut over ham.
- Creamy Cherry Topping: Combine liquid brown sugar, cream and butter in small
- Blend water with cornstarch and stir into sugar mixture. Add cherries and
bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Continue cooking for 2 minutes.