- 1 (14 pound) country ham
- 1 cup cheap vinegar
- 1 quart molasses or sorghum
- 1 cup powdered instant dry coffee
- 6 or 7 dozen whole cloves
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place the ham, skin side down, in a cooking utensil large enough so that
you can completely cover the ham with water. Add the water and then add remaining
ingredients. Bring to a boil, and then simmer 20 minutes to a pound.
- After cooking, allow the ham to cool overnight in the utensil and the liquid
used in cooking.
- When completely cool, remove from liquid, place on a section of newspaper,
skin side down, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Trim most of the skin and fat from the ham, and it is ready to eat.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ham Recipes