Delicious Baked Ham (T&T)
I have experimented for a long time trying to come up with a baked ham which
is flavorful, delicious. This is what I finally came up with.
- 1 (6 pound) boneless cooked ham ( half of a ham)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (the real thing will only do)
- 1/4 cup prepared Dijon mustard (I use grey poupon or Jack Daniel's Dijon mustard which is excellent
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- With a sharp knife score the ham with diagonal lines about 1/8- to 1/4-inch deep
into the fat to achieve a diamond pattern.
- Place the ham fat side up in a shallow roasting pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine together brown sugar, maple syrup and mustard whisking until well combined.
Brush the ham with the mixture and return to oven.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes and then brush with again with remaining sugar
mixture. Continue to bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes longer or until a meat
thermometer reaches 140 degrees F.
- Remove ham from oven and allow to rest 15 to 20 minutes on a wire rack. Slice
- When catering this ham, I cut the ham in half and sliced it 1/4-inch thick the
long way and laid it flat side down and fanning out the pieces serving one half
at a time, depending on the amount of people attending.
- Serve with rye or pumpernickel bread.
Yield: 12 servings
Posted by bettyboop at Recipe Goldmine 9/4/2001 10:00 am.