Easter Ham with Peachy Cinnamon Glaze
Make the Peachy Cinnamon Glaze a day or two ahead of serving.
Peachy Cinnamon Glaze
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 (2-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 (20 ounce) bag frozen unsweetened peaches
- 1 (16 - 18 pound) fully cooked ham
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Peachy Cinnamon Glaze: Combine sugar, vinegar, raisins, cloves, and cinnamon
in a heavy saucepan and cook over low heat. Increase heat. Cover pan and simmer
for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add peaches and simmer, uncovered, until glaze is reduced to 1 1/2 cups;
- Cool then refrigerate; bring to room temperature before using.
- Ham: Cut away rind and all but 1/4-inch layer of fat from upper
surface of the ham. Score 1/4-inch-deep diamond pattern in upper surface.
- Place ham in shallow baking pan and bring to room temperature before baking.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add broth to pan and bake for about 2 hours, basting every 15 minutes.
- Spoon off pan drippings. Spread glaze over top of ham.
- Bake until glaze is light brown, about 45 minutes.
- Let rest for 20 minutes before carving.
Yield: 10 servings