Easter Ham with Rhubarb Sauce
- 1 (4 pound) boneless, fully cooked ham, boneless
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb or 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cut rhubarb
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cinnamon stick
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Do not preheat oven.
- Place ham, straight from the refrigerator, on a rack in a shallow roasting
pan. Add 1/2 cup water. Insert an ovenproof meat thermometer into the thickest
part of the ham. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil, leaving the thermometer
- Roast at 325 degrees F until thermometer registers 135 degrees F, about
19-23 minutes per pound.
- Meanwhile, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice, orange peel, dry mustard
and cinnamon stick in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium
and cook, uncovered, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Remove aluminum foil from ham and spoon a small amount
of sauce over the ham 15 minutes before end of cooking time. Remove ham when
meat thermometer registers 135 degrees F.
- Allow ham to stand, covered, about 10 minutes, or until the thermometer
registers 140 degrees F.
- Serve remaining sauce with ham.
Yield: 2 1/4 cups sauce
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ham Recipes