Ginger-Glazed Baked Ham
- 1 (7 to 8 pound) fully cooked, bone-in ham butt or boneless ham
- 6 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- About 24 whole cloves
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Wipe ham with damp paper towels.
- In large bowl combine flour, 2 tablespoons ginger, the cloves and salt;
mix well. Gradually add 2 cups cold water, mixing well with fork. On a lightly
floured board, mold dough around top and sides of ham.
- Place on rack in shallow roasting pan; insert meat thermometer in center
away from bone and bake until internal temperature is 130 degrees F (about 2
- Meanwhile, make glaze. Combine ingredients in small saucepan; bring to boiling,
stirring. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, and stirring occasionally for 40
to 60 minutes (glaze should measure 1 cup).
- Remove pastry covering from ham; discard. With a sharp knife, lift off skin.
In outside layer, make diagonal cuts, 1 1/4 inches apart, to form a diamond
pattern. Stud center of each diamond with a whole clove.
- Brush ham well with glaze and bake for 25 minutes, brushing twice more.
Ham will be shiny and glazed.
Yield: 12 generous servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ham Recipes