Ginger-Honey-Brown Sugar Ham
- 1 fully cooked smoked whole ham, about 12 to 14 pounds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remove skin and trim most visible fat from outside of ham. Place ham on
rack in large roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer into center of ham, being
careful that it does not touch bone.
- Bake in preheated oven at 325 degrees F.
- After the ham has baked for about 2 1/2 hours, prepare the glaze.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, mix the brown sugar, honey and ginger together. Heat
to boiling over medium high heat. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- When the bubbling subsides, brush the ham with about half of the glaze.
Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Bake the ham for 1 more hour, or until a meat thermometer reaches 140 degrees
- Meanwhile, prepare the mustard sauce: In a medium size bowl, whisk together
sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Cover and
refrigerate until ham is ready to serve.
- When ham is done, remove it from the roasting pan and place it on a large
- For easier slicing, let stand for about 20 minutes.