Ginger Melon Ham
- 1 pound fresh ham, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon dry ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups cantaloupe or honeydew, cubed
- 1/2 cup pickled watermelon rind, diced
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork cubes, stirring,
until lightly browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in onion, garlic and ginger; stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix together soy sauce, sherry, vinegar and cornstarch. Add to skillet.
Cook and stir until sauce thickens.
- Stir in melon and watermelon rind. Heat through.