Ginger Rum Glazed Ham
- 1/2 fully cooked cured ham - shank end (7-8 pounds)
- 1/3 cup chopped preserved ginger in syrup
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- If the ham comes with the skin still attached, remove most of it with a
sharp knife, leaving a layer of fat and a collar of skin around the shank bone.
Trim the fat, leaving a layer about 1/3-inch thick, and score the layer remaining
- Bake the ham on a rack in a roasting pan in a preheated 350 degrees F oven
for 55 minutes.
- In a blender blend together the ginger, brown sugar and rum. Spoon the glaze
over the ham, spreading it evenly.
- Bake the ham for 30 to 35 minutes more, or until the glaze is brown and
- Transfer the ham to a platter, garnish the platter with the parsley, and
let the ham stand for 15 minutes before carving.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ham Recipes