Glazed Ham with Dijon-Pineapple Sauce
Can a ham be a showstopper? Yes, and this one proves it. The sweet and spicy
glaze and jewel-like cherries are what catch your eye. The depth of flavor is what
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup
cup GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
- 1 whole fully cooked boneless ham (5 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 12 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
(20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, syrup and mustard until well blended; set aside.
- Use paring knife to make shallow even diagonal cuts across top of ham in one
direction. Repeat, making slits in opposite direction to form diamond shapes.
- Insert cloves where cuts meet.
- Place ham on rack in shallow pan.
- Place cherries, cut-sides down, on surface of ham.
- Bake for 2 hours or until ham reaches internal temperature of 140 degrees F when
tested in center with meat thermometer, occasionally brushing with 1/2 cup of the
syrup mixture after 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix remaining syrup mixture with cornstarch and pineapple in saucepan; cook on
medium-high heat until mixture comes to boil and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Serve with the sliced ham.
prep time 20 min
total time 2 hr 20 min
Makes 24 servings
If ham begins to brown too quickly, cover loosely with foil.
Substitute: Prepare using GREY POUPON Country Dijon Mustard.
Reprinted with permission from