Glazed Ham with Pineapple-Raisin Sauce
- 1 (5 pound) boneless cooked ham
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen pineapple-orange concentrate, divided
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, for 1 1/2 to
2 hours, until internal temperature (measured with a meat thermometer) is 140
- In small saucepan, combine half of the juice concentrate, 3 tablespoons
maple syrup, 3 tablespoons vinegar and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to
low and simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened,
- Baste ham with glaze the last 15-20 minutes of baking.
- Remove ham from oven, slice, and serve with Pineapple-Raisin Sauce.
- Pineapple-Raisin Sauce: In a medium saucepan, sauté onion in butter until
tender. Add remaining juice concentrate, water, raisins, maple syrup and mustard.
- Stir together 1/4 cup vinegar and cornstarch; stir into raisin mixture.
Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
Yield: 18 servings
Source: Author Chef Sarah Stegner
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ham Recipes