Glazed Ham with Pecan Crust
Traditional ham meets Southern inspiration. Complete the meal with Sweet Potato
Casserole, Creamed Spinach, and buttermilk biscuits.
- 10 pound bone-in fully-cooked ham
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Insert meat thermometer into center of ham without touching bone. Place
ham in baking dish and pour cider over. Roast in oven, basting with cider every
30 minutes for a total cooking time of 2 1/2 hours (about 15-18 minutes per
pound), or until thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard and pecans.
- Remove ham from oven during the last 40 minutes and firmly pat the sugar
pecan mixture all over the ham.
- Return to oven and continue roasting until crust is brown and ham is done.
- Slice and serve with sauce. Some of the topping falls into the sauce, making
it the perfect accompaniment to ham.
Makes 20 to 25 servings
15 minutes prep
150 minutes cook
Nutrition: Calories: 382 calories Protein: 26 grams Fat: 25 grams Sodium:
1387 milligrams Cholesterol: 71 milligrams Saturated Fat: 7 grams Carbohydrates:
13 grams Fiber: 1 grams
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.