Habanero-Peach Glazed Ham
- 1 (5-7 pound) smoked fully cooked ham half
- Whole cloves
- 1 (10 ounce) jar habanero peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove skin from ham; score fat on ham in a diamond design, and stud with
- Combine preserves, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves in a saucepan. Bring
to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Place ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert meat
thermometer, making sure it does not touch fat or bone.
- Bake, uncovered, for
1 1/2 to 2 hours or until thermometer reads 140 degrees F (18 to 24 minutes
per pound); baste every 15 to 20 minutes with the sauce.
Serves 8 to 10 with leftovers.