Ham and Almond Pastry Ring
Bring the brunch crowd in with this pretty and delicious pastry ring. Serve along
with Four Fruit Salad, Asparagus Spears with Citrus-Ginger Dip, and other brunch
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1/2 cup chive and onion cream cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 large apple, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup grapes, red or green,
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup almonds,
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In large bowl, blend cream cheese spread and dressing. Add ham, apple, grapes,
onion and green pepper; gently stir until coated. Set aside.
- Line a large baking sheet with heavy foil. Lightly coat with nonstick cooking
spray. Unroll both cans of crescent rolls and separate. On prepared baking sheet
arrange triangles overlapping with shortest side of each roll toward center
leaving 5-inch circle open in center. Points of crescent dough may hang over
edge of baking sheet. Press overlapping dough to flatten and close center circle
- Spoon mixture evenly over widest part of dough. Pull points of dough over
filling and tuck dough under dough in center to form ring. (Some filling will
be visible.) Brush dough evenly with beaten egg and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until golden
and pastry in inner circle is baked. (If necessary, loosely cover outer edge
of pastry with foil during the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning.)
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Using large spatula,
carefully slide onto large serving platter.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
20 minutes prep
30 minutes cook
*If desired, use foil to lift and transfer pastry ring to serving platter. Cut
foil in center of ring and underneath pastry ring; pull foil pieces to remove.
Nutrition: Calories: 385 calories Protein: 12 grams Fat: 23 grams Sodium:
573 milligrams Cholesterol: 58 milligrams Saturated Fat: 8 grams Carbohydrates:
30 grams Fiber: 1 grams
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.