Ham with Bourbon-Cherry Glaze
Treat your guests with this ham that’s served with bourbon-cherry glaze – a tasty
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham shank (12 pound)
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 30 whole cloves
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola carbonated beverage
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 jar (13 ounces) cherry preserves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking
- Remove skin from ham; trim fat to 1/4-inch thickness. Make shallow cuts
in fat 1 inch apart in diamond pattern.
- Rub peppercorns over surface of ham;
insert cloves in centers of diamonds.
- Place ham in pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in thickest
part of ham and does not touch fat or bone.
- In small bowl, mix 1 1/4 cups of the cola, 2 tablespoons of the bourbon
and 1/4 cup of the brown sugar; pour over ham.
- Bake uncovered 2 hours, basting with pan drippings every 15 minutes.
- In 1-quart saucepan, mix remaining 1/4 cup cola and remaining 2 tablespoons
each bourbon and brown sugar. Add 2/3 cup of the preserves. Cook over medium
heat for 3 minutes or until glaze is hot and sugar is dissolved. Brush glaze
- Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes longer or until thermometer reads 140 degrees
F. Transfer ham to serving platter; cover with foil. Let stand 30 minutes before
- Skim fat from drippings in pan. Stir remaining 1/2 cup preserves into drippings
with whisk. Transfer mixture to a saucepan. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer
8 to 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve glaze with ham.
Prep Time 15 min | Total Time 4 hr 30 min | Servings 12
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 327, Total Fat 11g
(Saturated Fat 2g), Sodium 1643mg Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 0g ), Protein
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Lean Meat; Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ham Recipes