Ham In Champagne
- 1 (9 pound) boneless ham
- 2 (4/5 quart) bottles extra dry champagne
- 1 1/2
teaspoons ground ginger
- Pineapple slices
- 16 ounces light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 spiced apple (optional)
- Score ham and place on rack in baking pan. Cover top with 1 cup brown sugar,
and pour over 1 bottle champagne.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 2 hours.
- Combine remaining bottle champagne, remaining brown sugar, honey, ginger and
mustard, and bring to rolling boil in saucepan. Lower heat and simmer while basting
ham every 15 minutes until done.
- Garnish with pineapple slices and spiced apples if desired.
Yield: 15 servings
Source: Paul Masson Vineyards