Ham with Ginger-Date Sauce
- 1 (6 pound) Cooks trimmed smoked ham
- 1 cup fresh dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chile pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Ham: Heat ham for 10-15 minutes per pound at 325 degrees or until center reaches
160 degrees F (about 60-90 minutes).
- Sauce: In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Serve with ham.
Yield: 9 (6 ounce) servings | 1 1/2 cups sauce
Leftover cooked ham can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.