Ham and Red-Eye Gravy
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds baked ham, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- In a large skillet heat the butter over moderately high heat until the foam
subsides and in it sauté the ham in batches, turning it once, for 2 to 3 minutes
on each side, or until it is browned. Transfer it to a platter.
- Into the skillet pour the coffee and 1/2 cup boiling water and cook the
mixture over high heat, scraping up the brown bits, for 2 minutes.
- Season the gravy with the Tabasco and pepper and pour it over the ham slices.
- If desired, strain the gravy before pouring it over the ham.
>> HAM RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.