Spiral-Sliced Ham with Pepper Jelly Glaze
Start a new family tradition this year with a ham inspired by the Southwest.
- 1 (5 to 6-pound) half ham, spiral-sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) jar hot pepper jelly
- Place ham in shallow pan and heat in 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven,
uncovered, for 1 1/4 hours (about 15 to 18 minutes per pound) until internal
temperature on a thermometer reads 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
- The last 15 minutes, pour the pepper jelly over ham, spreading evenly.
- Heat for 10 to 15 minutes more, basting occasionally.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 496 calories
Protein: 38 grams Fat: 30 grams Sodium: 2138 milligrams Cholesterol: 110 milligrams
Saturated Fat: 11 grams Carbohydrates: 17 grams Fiber: 0 grams
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com