Tennessee Boiled Ham
- 1 Tennessee country ham
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whole cloves
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup dry mustard
- Wash and brush ham, then soak overnight.
- Cook the ham, sugar, and vinegar at a bare simmer, with only occasional
breaking bubbles on the surface, for about 20 minutes per pound, until tender.
- Let ham cool in its own liquid.
- When cool, skin and rub with mixture of 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup
dry mustard. Add whole cloves.
- Brown in a 375 degrees F oven for about 15 minutes.