Tuscan Style Baked Ham
- 1 (5 pound) boneless ham
- 10-12 whole cloves
- 2 cups Marsala wine
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- While oven is preheating, score the ham and insert the whole cloves into
the meat in the middle of the “X”s created by the scoring.
- Place the ham in a covered roasting pan and pour the wine over the top of
the roast. Cover the pan and roast in the oven for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove ham from oven to glaze.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and Dijon mustard to form a paste and
spread on the ham.
- Return to the oven, increase the temperature to 425 degrees
F and continue roasting for an additional 20 minutes, or until a glaze forms.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes before carving.