Barbecue Butterflied Leg of Lamb
- 1 (6 pound) leg of lamb, boned, trimmed and butterflied
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire
- Few drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine sauce ingredients in a 2-quart pan. Bring to a simmer, but do not
- Remove from heat and pour over lamb.
- Marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Grill lamb 8 to 10 inches from hot coals for about 50 minutes, turning
often and basting every 10 to 15 minutes. (DO NOT OVERCOOK. It should be crisp
on the outside and pink inside.