East Indian Lamb Curry
- 2 pounds lean lamb, cubed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/4 cup chopped instant onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon MSG
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tart apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons grated or flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons seedless raisins or dried currants
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dredge meat in flour and brown on all sides in hot shortening. Add onions
to skillet; sauté a few minutes but do not brown.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- For a mild curry, decrease amount of curry powder used. For hot curry, increase
the amount of curry powder used. Cover. Simmer 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Serve with rice and an assortment of condiments.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.