This is a delicious company recipe. It gets raves every time!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 apple diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth (dissolve 2 chicken bouillon cubes in 2 cups boiling water)
- 2 cups cubed lamb (from cooked roast)
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Add onion, green pepper, celery and apple
slices; cook gently until onion is tender.
- Stir in curry powder, salt and flour. Cook over low heat, stirring until
mixture is hot.
- Remove from heat. Gradually stir in broth. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in lamb; heat through, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice. May serve mashed hardboiled eggs, bacon bits or raisins
to sprinkle on top.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings