Pacific Rim Lamb Rib Chops with Stir-Fry
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 American lamb rib chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1/3 cup lite soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 medium red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 (6 ounce) packages brown mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 pound snow peas, trimmed
- In small bowl combine soy sauce, garlic, hoisin sauce and gingerroot.
- In large glass baking dish arrange lamb chops. Pour on 1/4 cup soy mixture, turning chops to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In large skillet, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, cook onion over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add celery and cookfor 2 additional minutes. Mix in bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, peppers and remaining soy sauce mixture. Cook for 4 minutes. Stir in pea pods, turn off heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Broil lamb chops 4 inches from source of heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning once or to desired degree of doneness: 145 degrees F for medium-rare, 160 degrees F for medium and 170 degrees F for well.
- Mound vegetables on plates and top each with a lamb rib chop.