Sherry Lamb Casserole
- 2 pounds lean lamb, cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 pound small white onions
- 1/4 pound carrots, cut up
- 1/4 pound turnips, cut up
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, cut up
- 1/4 pound green beans, cut up
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup Holland House Sherry Cooking Wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
- In 12-inch skillet, sauté lamb in 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Heat brandy; ignite over meat. Place meat in 3-quart casserole.
- Sauté vegetables in remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in tomato paste
and flour; add broth and wine. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
Cook 5 minutes.
- Combine with lamb in casserole. Sprinkle with chopped dill.
- Cover; bake for 1 1/4 hours in 350 degrees F oven, or until meat and
vegetables are tender.
- Serve or freeze.
Yield: 6 servings