This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 2 pounds lean lamb, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- In heavy skillet or saucepan, quickly brown lamb in oil over medium-high
- Add onions and cook until limp, stirring frequently.
- Add green pepper and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, wine (optional), oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms and simmer for an additional minute.
- Serve lamb in sauce over cooked rice.
Yield: 4 servings