- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups canned into or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté onion, green pepper and garlic in olive oil
over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, chili powder and oregano; cook 1 minute.
- Add beans, water and salt, and cook another 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.