Baked Chile Rellenos a la Arizona
- 4 (7 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 4 cups longhorn cheese, grated or 2 cups longhorn and 2 cups Monterey jack
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine chiles, cheese, onion, cilantro, garlic powder and
lime juice. Stir well and set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs; add milk and flour and stir with whisk until
mixture is smooth.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Fill with chile mixture, distributed
- Pour egg mixture over chile mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until casserole is golden brown.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes after removing from oven.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream and fresh minced cilantro.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> meatless Recipes