Baked Chile Rellenos a la Arizona
- 4 (7 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 4 cups longhorn cheese, grated or 2 cups longhorn and 2 cups Monterey jack
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine chiles, cheese, onion, cilantro, garlic powder and lime juice. Stir well and set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs; add milk and flour and stir with whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Fill with chile mixture, distributed evenly.
- Pour egg mixture over chile mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until casserole is golden brown.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes after removing from oven.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream and fresh minced cilantro.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.