Bean Burgers with Coriander Cream
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh coriander
- In bowl, mash beans with potato masher or fork until fairly smooth but still
with some small lumps.
- Stir in bread crumbs and salsa to make fairly firm mixture. With wet hands,
form into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat; cook patties,
turning once, for about 10 minutes or until crusty outside and piping hot inside.
- Meanwhile, stir sour cream with coriander. Serve over patties.
- Serve on whole wheat or multi-grain burger buns or in whole grain pita bread
split in half.
Yield: 4 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.