Carrot Rice Nut Burger
This is a wonderful alternative to hamburgers. Use organic ingredients! There
is a difference.
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cashews
- 2 1/2 ounces
- 1/8 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon
extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large saucepan bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce
heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Roast cashews and sunflower seeds in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
In a food processor grind nuts to a fine meal; transfer to a large bowl. Place
onion and carrots in food processor and pulse until fine; transfer to bowl with
- Combine cooked rice and olive oil in food processor and pulse until smooth;
spoon into the large bowl. Season with salt, to taste.
- Using your hands mix the ingredients and form into patties or logs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
Original recipe makes 30 servings. Recipe has been scaled to make 5 servings.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2/6/2002 9:39 am.