Pair Classic Cheddar Pierogies with a buttermilk ranch sauce in Chef Garces's
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground white peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground dried sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Buttermilk Ranch Sauce
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (Crystal brand recommended)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 box (16 ounces) Mrs. T's Classic Cheddar Pierogies
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups flour dredge
- Canola oil
- Large kosher pickles, cut into round slices
- Buttermilk Ranch Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Flour Dredge: In large mixing bowl, mix all flour dredge ingredients
until thoroughly combined.
- Buttermilk Ranch Sauce: Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk to
combine and season to taste with salt.
- Pierogies: Bring large pot of water to boil. Place pierogies in
boiling water until no longer frozen in center, about 2 minutes.
- Remove pierogies from water and cool in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- Place buttermilk, eggs and flour dredge in three separate bowls. One at
a time, dip pierogies in buttermilk then in eggs and finally in flour
- Once all pierogies are dredged, fry in deep fryer at 350 degrees F in
canola oil, approximately 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat flour dredge process with pickle slices and fry for 3 minutes.
- To serve, place fried pierogies and pickles on serving plate.
- Serve with Buttermilk Ranch Sauce.
Recipe used with permission from Chef Jose Garces.
Source: Mrs. T's Pierogies