Coconut Red Lentil Curry
Bold and flavorful lentil curry with cauliflower and creamy coconut milk
prepared in one skillet.
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil, divided
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (2 1/2-inch) Serrano peppers, finely chopped with seeds
- 1 1/2 cups dry red lentils, sorted, rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Cilantro, chopped, optional
Plain Greek yogurt, optional
- Naan bread, optional
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a deep 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add
cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned;
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil. Sauté onion 2 minutes until
soft. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add cumin,
turmeric, coriander, salt and serrano peppers; stir well and cook for 1 minute
or until spices are fragrant. Add lentils, stir well to coat. Stir in diced
tomatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low,
simmer for 12 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, carrots and cauliflower. Simmer 10 minutes. Add
peas and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- If desired, top with chopped cilantro and serve with yogurt and warm
Servings 8 | Prep Time 30 Min
Nutrition Information: 303 calories, 34g Carbs
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Conagra Brands, Inc.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meatless Recipes