Corn and Green Chile Enchiladas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- Fresh corn, cut from 4 ears or 1 package plain frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups ancho chile sauce or 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- Sauté onion in oil until soft. Add corn, green chilies, cumin seed and water.
Cover and simmer until all the liquid is gone, (about 5 minutes). Taste and
add salt as needed.
- Keep heat on low and stir in sour cream and half of the Monterey jack cheese.
- Soften the tortillas.
- Make the enchiladas in one baking dish. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the sauce
in the bottom of a greased backing dish. Spoon about 1/4 cup corn mixture in
each tortilla and roll up. Place rolled tortilla on sauce in baking dish, open
side down. Continue until all tortillas are rolled and placed in baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over rolled tortillas and sprinkle with the
- Bake in 375 degree F oven, covered with aluminum foil for 15
minutes, remove covering and bake 15 minutes more. This dish can be prepared
ahead and heated when ready to serve.
- Make the enchiladas in the Microwave. Make in individual servings, using
- Place two tablespoons sauce on serving dish. Fill and roll two tortillas
as described above and place open side down in the sauce on the serving plate.
Spoon more sauce over the top of each enchilada. Sprinkle one tablespoon of
cheese on each enchilada.
- Cook in microwave oven for about 3 1/2 minutes.
Serves 4 to 6.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 4/28/02 8:40:22 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meatless Recipes