These hearty, delicious eggplant morsels can be used as a replacement for meatballs,
or they can be fried into patties and eaten like burgers.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups cubed eggplant, with peel
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup dried bread crumbs
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Pour in olive oil and sauté garlic
just until lightly browned. Mix in eggplant and water. Reduce heat to low and
cover skillet. Allow eggplant to steam until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Place eggplant in a large bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix cheese, parsley, eggs, and bread crumbs into eggplant. Stir with a wooden
spoon or your hands until ingredients are thoroughly combined and mixture can
be rolled into balls. Add more bread crumbs as needed to make mixture workable.
Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes, then roll into balls or form into patties.
- Place eggplant balls on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 18 balls (6 servings)
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2/6/2002 9:38 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meatless Recipes