- 1 pound ground beef substitute
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (8.5 ounce) corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced green chiles
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat until
beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in salsa, taco seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat
to low; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Stir in corn and olives. Spoon into an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Prepare batter for corn muffin mix according to package directions. Stir
in cheese and chiles until smooth; spread over meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Top
with additional salsa, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.