Grilled Portabella Burgers with Garlic Mayo
These portabella mushrooms are marinated in a homemade barbecue spice mix and grilled
until tender. When served, they are loaded up with sweet grilled red onions and savory garlic
and chive mayonnaise.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dark or light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 portabella mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 small red onion, sliced (keep rings intact)
- 4 buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Olive oil for grilling
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place mushrooms on a
baking sheet. Drizzle marinade over mushrooms and rub liberally to coat all
sides. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to high heat.
- To make garlic mayo, stir together mayonnaise, chives, garlic powder and
salt in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Brush grill grate with olive oil. Place mushrooms and onion rings on
grill. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, until both are darkened and
- To serve, spread bottom of each bun with mayonnaise, top with lettuce
and a few onion rings. Add mushroom and cover with top bun.
Yield: 4 | Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 15 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
The Mushroom Council
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.