Grilled Vegetable Fajitas
- 1 medium eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch (6) scallions
- 1/3 cup Southwestern Butter Baste
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese with hot peppers
- Fajitas: Lightly brush rack of outdoor grill or broiler pan with vegetable
oil. Heat grill or broiler. Place batches of vegetables on rack 3 to 4 inches
from heat; cook until nearly crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Turn and brush with
Southwestern Butter Baste. Cook until crisp-tender, and place on a large cutting
board; repeat with remaining vegetables. Slice vegetables into bite-size pieces;
place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with any remaining Southwestern Butter Baste;
toss to coat.
- For each serving: Heat flour tortillas according to package directions.
Place two tortillas on an individual serving plate; top each with one lettuce
leaf. Place 3/4 cup vegetables and 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese down the center
of each tortilla. Fold flour tortillas toward center; repeat.
- Southwestern Butter Baste: In a small saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter. Add
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt and
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper. Cook and stir over low heat for about 2 minutes
to blend flavors. Stir in 2 tablespoons lime juice; remove from heat.
Yield: 4 servings; 1/3 cup Southwestern Butter Baste
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meatless Recipes