This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Harvest Vegan Nut Roast
This vegan recipe is can be made with many different variations. Try using different
nuts and different vegetable combinations. To make pecan or sunflower meal run pecans
or sunflower seeds through the blender until very finely chopped.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup pecan or sunflower meal
- 2 1/2 cups soy milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a loaf pan.
- In a medium size frying pan, sauté the chopped celery and the onion in 3
teaspoons water until cooked.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the celery and onion with walnuts, pecan
or sunflower meal, soy milk, basil, oregano, bread crumbs, salt and pepper to
taste; mix well. Place mixture in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 to 90 minutes; until the loaf is cooked through.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2/11/2002 6:59 pm.