Honey Spiced Chili
- 1 (15 ounce) package firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Using a cheese grater, shred tofu and freeze in a zippered bag or airtight
- Thaw tofu, place in a strainer and press out excess liquid.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until
hot; add onion, green pepper, garlic, and cook, stirring 3 to 5 minutes or until
vegetables are tender and begin to brown.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes.
Stir in tofu; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, honey and vinegar. Bring
to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 11/28/2001 9:28 am.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.