Italian Corn Stuffed Peppers
A new twist on a classic favorite. This vegetarian dish is low in calories and
full of antioxidants. By stuffing peppers with corn, you add crowd-pleasing crunch.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn-No Salt Added, drained
- 6 medium red or green peppers
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- (Optional) additional cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Slice tops off peppers leaving 2-inch bottom; remove seeds.
- Bring 1-inch water to boil in Dutch oven or large pot. Place peppers in
boiling water; cover and cook 3 minutes. Remove; place upside down to drain.
- Meanwhile, dice pepper tops to measure 1/2 cup. Combine diced pepper, corn,
cheese, onions, bread crumbs and mustard. Top with extra cheese, if desired.
- Place peppers in shallow baking dish; gently pack with vegetable mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until hot.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min | Serves: 6
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Del Monte Foods, Inc.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meatless Recipes