This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Kale and Basil Pesto Zoodles with Mushrooms
These zoodles are full of bold flavors and they are ideal for a light lunch
or dinner. They can stand as a meal on their own, or serve them as a side with
grilled fish or chicken.
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves
- 1/4 cup lightly packed basil leaves
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into zoodles
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Place the kale, basil, and 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a small food
processor or the cup of a single serving blender. Pulse in 10 second
intervals until all ingredients are combined and the kale is finely chopped.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil, the garlic, 2 tablespoons of
Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and the 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt. Pulse in 10
second intervals until all ingredients are finely chopped and transform into
a thick dressing.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive in a large, deep skillet over
medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, just until the
being to soften. Add the zoodles and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, just until
they begin to become tender.
- Pour in the pesto and cook for 1 more minute to heat all ingredients.
Garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and season with any
addition salt to taste before serving.
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Yield: 3-4 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):