This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Kale, Tomato and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Large portobello mushrooms spread with ricotta cheese and topped with tomato,
kale and beans and finished with shredded Parmesan cheese for a vegetarian main
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh baby kale
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Brush mushroom caps with oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Place stem-side up on baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add drained tomatoes, kale, onion powder, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
to skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until kale wilts.
- Add beans; cook 1 minute more or until hot.
- Spread ricotta cheese evenly inside mushroom caps.
- Top each with 1/2 cup tomato mixture and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more or until mushrooms are tender.
Prep Time 30 min | Total Time 30 min | Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Information Calories: 240
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
ConAgra Foods, Inc.