Lawry's Ranchero Enchiladas
- 1 package Lawry's Enchilada Sauce Mix
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 (7 ounce)
can diced green chiles*
- 4 1/2 cups grated Monterey jack or mild Cheddar cheese
* Or use 8 fresh chiles, peeled, seeded and diced
- Prepare Lawry's Enchilada Sauce Mix according to package directions,
using tomato paste and 3 cups water.
- Combine diced green chiles and 3 1/4 cups of the cheese. Pour 1/2 cup of
the sauce into a 12 x 8-inch baking dish. Dip each tortilla into enchilada sauce.
Place about 1/2 cup filling in center of each tortilla. Fold sides over filling;
place in dish, seam side down. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas. Top with
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Sour cream and olives may be used as garnish.