Light Cheese and Beans Enchiladas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 4 large (burrito-size) flour tortillas
- 8 tablespoons salsa
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese with chives, divided
- Green pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup non-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 small scallions, chopped, white parts only
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray,
- In skillet, heat oil and sauté onion until tender. Add beans, cook until
warm, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lay tortillas on work surface and spread with 2 tablespoons salsa each.
Leave a 1-inch border of tortilla. Spread beans down center of tortilla and
cover beans with 1/2 cup cottage cheese. Sprinkle with pepper sauce.
- To fold the tortilla, begin by folding one side over the cheese then fold
in both ends; finally roll it tight. Place enchiladas in baking dish seam side
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve topped with sour cream, cilantro and scallions.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Walking magazine - April/May 2001