Masa Harina Enchilada Patties
- 1 (2 pound) bag Masa Harina
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (optional)
- 2 heaping teaspoon baking powder
- 1 quart milk, warmed (not scalded)
- Put masa in a large bowl with baking powder, cheese, if desired, then milk.
Mix thoroughly. Make balls the size of golf balls (or as large as you like).
Put one ball on a clean dampened towel and put the other half of the dish towel
over the patty. Mash with a salad plate.
- Repeat with remaining balls of dough.
- Fry in pure lard, about 1/2 inch deep. Do not fry in lard that is too hot
as they will not get done inside and will burn. Hot grease is necessary, though.
These will freeze well for a long time after they are cooked.
A good serving suggestion is to serve them piping hot with chili Colorado over
them, along with frijoles and Spanish rice on the side.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.