Meatless Cheese Burgers
Easy to make and tasty, too! Calories, fat and cholesterol were reduced by:
Using egg whites instead of a whole egg
Using fat-free cottage cheese
Using no-stick spray instead of oil for cooking the burgers
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten*
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 envelope INSTANT onion soup dip mix
- 1 cup rolled oats
* You can buy egg whites in containers. I measured one extra large egg white
to be about 1 ounce-1/8 of a cup.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the egg whites, cottage cheese and soup
mix until well combined. then stir in the oats.
- Using about 1/3 cup of mixture for each burger, shape the mixture into six
1 inch thick patties.
- Spray an unheated griddle or large skillet with no-stick spray. Heat the
griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Add the patties and cook about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Yield: 6 patties