Meatless Lasagna 2
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup farmer cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- About 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- Sauté onions and garlic in vegetable oil. Add tomatoes and tomato paste.
Simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Add basil, pinto beans and rice.
- Combine beaten eggs, ricotta or cottage cheese, farmer cheese and parsley.
- Cook noodles in large amount of boiling water until tender, then drain and
rinse. In a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, layer half the noodles, half the ricotta
mixture, half the mozzarella cheese and half the sauce mixture. Repeat for second
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.