Meatless Soy Crumble Stroganoff
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed or 2 tablespoons
snipped fresh dill
- 1 (12 ounce) package meatless soy crumbles
- 2 cups low-fat
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Snipped fresh
dill or parsley
- Cooked egg noodles
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion;
sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; sauté until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture. Add ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
Gradually add vegetable broth, stirring until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring
constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, dill and meatless soy crumbles, blending well. Cook for 5 minutes,
then stir in the sour cream, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until heated through.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles. Sprinkle snipped dill or parsley over the
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Nutrition information per serving, without noodles: 338 calories, 17 grams
protein, 18 grams fat, 24 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber, 27 milligrams cholesterol,
261 milligrams sodium