This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Meatless Soy Crumble Stroganoff
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 onion, chopped
10 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon dill weed or 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
1 (12 ounce) package meatless soy crumbles
2 cups low-fat sour cream
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Snipped fresh dill or parsley
Cooked egg noodles
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion;
sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; sauté until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture. Add ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
Gradually add vegetable broth, stirring until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring
constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, dill and meatless soy crumbles, blending well. Cook for 5 minutes,
then stir in the sour cream, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until heated through.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles. Sprinkle snipped dill or parsley over the
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Nutrition information per serving, without noodles: 338 calories, 17 grams
protein, 18 grams fat, 24 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber, 27 milligrams cholesterol,
261 milligrams sodium