Mexican Bean Pie
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1/2 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 5 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, olives, corn, bell peppers,
jalapeno pepper, cumin, chili powder and black pepper in a medium size pot.
Cook over medium high heat until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Spray a round pan with nonstick oil spray. Lay one tortilla flat on the
bottom of the pan. Spread bean mixture on the tortilla. Sprinkle cheese lightly
over the bean mixture. Top with a new tortilla and repeat this layering process
until the pan is full. When the final tortilla has been placed, cover the top
tortilla with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow pie to cool slightly before serving.
- Garnish with salsa and sour cream.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 1/9/2002 6:25 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meatless Recipes